XMLDOM - Parsing

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mike Labman, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Mike Labman

    Mike Labman Guest

    I'm parsing an XML document using the XMLDOM object in ASP. I am
    running into a problem with a section formatted like this:

    <MasterElement>
    TitleOfElement
    <Abbreviation>
    TOE
    </Abbreviation>
    </MasterElement>

    If I use node.text, I get TitleOfElement TOE. I need to seperate the
    two but cannot find any reference that addresses this. Of course I can
    manually parse using standard functions like InStr, but it seems like
    there should be a more proper way to extract the data. Anyone run into
    this?

    Thanks

    Mike Labman, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Looks like TitleOfElement TOE is a single value, so you can not separate
    them using any in-built XMLDOM functions. Any XML parsing requires that the
    values are somehow separated.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netBooks