XMLDSig namespace validation problem in XMLSpy

Discussion in 'XML' started by kk, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. kk

    kk Guest

    I can't figure out why XMLSpy can't validate pass the following schema
    segment:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <xs:schema targetNamespace="http://www.mydomain.com/myschema"
    xmlns:myns="http://www.mydomain.com/myschema"
    xmlns:ds="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#"
    elementFormDefault="qualified">

    <xs:element name="TestElement" type="myns:TestElementType"/>

    <xs:complexType name="TestElementType">
    <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="Digest" type="myns:MsgImprintType"/>
    <xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>

    <xs:complexType name="MsgImprintType">
    <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="HashedMessage" type="ds:DigestValueType"/>
    <xs:element name="Algorithm" type="ds:DigestMethodType"/>
    </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>

    </xs:schema>

    XMLSpy always stops at ds:DigestValueType and complains it's a schema error.
    It claims "undefined value for 'type' encountered".

    Why can't XMLSpy validate this one? This seems to be very straight forward
    to me.

    thanks for any help.

    kk, Aug 10, 2003

  2. kk