xmlns:SOAP-ENC, xmlns:xsd required?

Discussion in 'XML' started by chris.stromberger@gmail.com, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    New to SOAP. I am working on something that uses the paypal web
    services. All the examples have this as the first portion of the soap
    doc

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
    <SOAP-ENV:Header>
    <RequesterCredentials
    xmlns="urn:ebay:api:payPalAPI"
    SOAP-ENV:mustUnderstand="1">
    <Credentials xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
    <Username>...</Username>
    <Password>...</Password>
    <Subject/>
    </Credentials>
    </RequesterCredentials>
    </SOAP-ENV:Header>

    I'm wondering if the xmlns:SOAP-ENC attribute is needed. "SOAP-ENC:"
    is not used anywhere in the document. From my vague understanding of
    xml namespaces, the
    xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" attribute
    then serves no purpose (and it seems to be sort of repeated in the
    SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle attribute also???). I'm just not sure if it has
    to be there for some mysterious SOAP reason.

    Ditto for the xmlns:xsd attribute--the xsd prefix is not used anywhere
    else in the document. Is it required for some SOAP reason?

    Thanks,
    Chris

    , Oct 26, 2005