    Is the xml-rpc designed to work like this? If not, is there something
    I can do to still be able to work with xml-rpc in this architucture?

    Thank you very much

    iu2, Aug 9, 2010

  2. On Aug 9, 2:50 am, iu2 <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a SimpleXMLRPCServer running on one PC.
    > I need several ServerProxy-s talking to it, each one running on a
    > different PC. That is, I run on each PC a client application, that
    > talks to the one server using xml-rpc.
    >
    > Is the xml-rpc designed to work like this? If not, is there something
    > I can do to still be able to work with xml-rpc in this architucture?
    >
    > Thank you very much

    I don't have any direct experience with SimplXMLRPC, but depending on
    what you are actually trying to accomplish this technique might also
    work:

    http://www.icanprogram.com/06py/lesson1/lesson1.html

    Since SIMPL messaging is lower down on the stack than XML you could
    probably use SIMPL messages to carry XML structured content from
    client to server.

    bob

    bobicanprogram, Aug 9, 2010

  3. On 08/09/10 07:50, iu2 wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a SimpleXMLRPCServer running on one PC.
    > I need several ServerProxy-s talking to it, each one running on a
    > different PC. That is, I run on each PC a client application, that
    > talks to the one server using xml-rpc.
    >
    > Is the xml-rpc designed to work like this? If not, is there something
    > I can do to still be able to work with xml-rpc in this architucture?
    >
    > Thank you very much

    Yeah should be no problem, you might get some ideas from reading this
    'wrapper':
    http://code.google.com/p/dcuktec/source/browse/source/wrapped_xmlrpc_server/rpc.py

    --
    mph