XmlSerializer XmlAttributeOverrides Security Exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Joe Reiss, Nov 7, 2007.

  1. Joe Reiss

    Joe Reiss Guest

    I'm serializing data from a SQL table to a XML file:

    on the line:

    XmlSerializer x = new XmlSerializer(typeof(List<y>),o);

    where o is a XmlAttributesOverrides object

    I get

    The action that failed was: Demand The type of the first permission that
    failed was: System.Security.PermissionSet The Zone of the assembly that
    failed was: MyComputer
    on the hosted server. The above runs fine on my local development machine.
    Also, if I don't use the 'o' Overide object it works well on the Hosted
    server. Would I need some kind of elevated permission to do this on a
    typical shared hosted server?

    thanx,
    joe

    Joe Reiss, Nov 7, 2007