xmlspy: how to modify behavior

Discussion in 'XML' started by j kopek, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. j kopek

    j kopek Guest

    I just received my XMLSPY and I was wondering if there is any way to
    change the format of how the tags are generated in xmlspy?

    An example would be when I enter <HTML>,
    the matching </HTML> is entered on the same line and the cursor is place
    immediately after the starting tag, such as this:

    I would prefer the matching </HTML> to be added 2 lines down from the
    starting <HTML> and the cursor starting on the line below the starting
    <HTML>, such as:

    <HTML>
    <-------- new text starts here, preferably indented.
    </HTML>

    also, is there any way to get indenting?
    If I had a little more patience and knowledge I would add XML
    functionality to VIM.

    Thank you for your help

    john
    j kopek, Feb 9, 2004