XMP content and POST ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by WJ, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. WJ

    WJ Guest

    1. How can I use POST method to post the following XML statements to an Html
    page or Asp page using Asp.net or
    2. If the XML below is a file (text), how do I POST it to other web site
    programmatically within asp.net form ?

    *********

    <NameList>
    <Names>
    <LastName>Hamilton</LastName>
    <FirstName>Rick</FirstName>
    <MiddleNamae>M</MiddleNamae>
    </Names>

    <Names>
    <LastName>Elton</LastName>
    <FirstName>John</FirstName>
    <MiddleNamae>D</MiddleNamae>
    </Names>
    </NameList>

    *********

    Thanks,

    John

    WJ, Mar 3, 2005

  2. WJ

    bruce barker Guest

    depends. you need to ask what format they want it in. is it a form post?
    attachment post, or some non-standard post (say just the xml just follows
    the http headers)

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 3, 2005

  3. WJ

    WJ Guest

    "bruce barker" <> wrote in message
    > depends. you need to ask what format they want it in. is it a form post?
    > attachment post, or some non-standard post (say just the xml just follows
    > the http headers)

    It will be straight text (Text/Xml) and a form POST.
    I think a Response.Write is needed because the website is not .Net or it may
    not be matter.

    Thanks

    John

    WJ, Mar 3, 2005
  4. WJ

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    WJ wrote:

    > 1. How can I use POST method to post the following XML statements to
    > an Html page or Asp page using Asp.net or
    > 2. If the XML below is a file (text), how do I POST it to other web
    > site programmatically within asp.net form ?

    See System.Net.WebClient or System.NetHttpWebRequest.

    Cheers,
    --
    http://www.joergjooss.de
    mailto: