XMP content and POST ?

WJ

1. How can I use POST method to post the following XML statements to an Html
page or Asp page using Asp.net or
2. If the XML below is a file (text), how do I POST it to other web site
programmatically within asp.net form ?

*********

<NameList>
<Names>
<LastName>Hamilton</LastName>
<FirstName>Rick</FirstName>
<MiddleNamae>M</MiddleNamae>
</Names>

<Names>
<LastName>Elton</LastName>
<FirstName>John</FirstName>
<MiddleNamae>D</MiddleNamae>
</Names>
</NameList>

*********

Thanks,

John

bruce barker

depends. you need to ask what format they want it in. is it a form post?
attachment post, or some non-standard post (say just the xml just follows
the http headers)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| 1. How can I use POST method to post the following XML statements to an
Html
| page or Asp page using Asp.net or
| 2. If the XML below is a file (text), how do I POST it to other web site
| programmatically within asp.net form ?
|
| *********
|
| <NameList>
| <Names>
| <LastName>Hamilton</LastName>
| <FirstName>Rick</FirstName>
| <MiddleNamae>M</MiddleNamae>
| </Names>
|
| <Names>
| <LastName>Elton</LastName>
| <FirstName>John</FirstName>
| <MiddleNamae>D</MiddleNamae>
| </Names>
| </NameList>
|
| *********
|
| Thanks,
|
| John

WJ

bruce barker said:
depends. you need to ask what format they want it in. is it a form post?
attachment post, or some non-standard post (say just the xml just follows
the http headers)

It will be straight text (Text/Xml) and a form POST.
I think a Response.Write is needed because the website is not .Net or it may
not be matter.

Thanks

John

Joerg Jooss

WJ said:
1. How can I use POST method to post the following XML statements to
an Html page or Asp page using Asp.net or
2. If the XML below is a file (text), how do I POST it to other web
site programmatically within asp.net form ?

See System.Net.WebClient or System.NetHttpWebRequest.

Cheers,