    Nishad Guest

    Is anybody know how to write xpath for string Value Comparisons

    thank you
    Nishad, Sep 30, 2006

  2. Nishad wrote:
    > Is anybody know how to write xpath for string Value Comparisons

    "string1" = "string2"
    "string1" != "string2"
    are string comparisons in XPath 1.0.

    I am not sure that helps but your short question does not make it clear
    to me what you are looking for exactly.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, Sep 30, 2006

  3. "Nishad" <> wrote in message
    > Is anybody know how to write xpath for string Value Comparisons
    >
    > thank you

    In XPath 1.0 the only comparisons between strings can be performed using the
    "=" or "!=" operators

    or the

    not(str1 = str2)

    expression.

    It is possible to perform comparison for greater, less, and the various
    combinations of these with "not" and "equal" using XSLT.

    See for example:

    http://www.topxml.com/code/default.asp?p=3&id=v20010205033413

    Cheers,
    Dimitre Novatchev