XSL does not refresh in ASP.NEt unless I rebuild

Don

Hi:

I have an ASP.NET application to with one page that renders XML/XSLT.
The initial purpose was to have the page setup, then make any changes to an
XSL file and have the changes immediately rendered on a browser refresh,
WITHOUT Rebuilding the project.

The XSL changes do not show up unless I rebuild my project.

How do I get around this? Anything I can change in VS.NET or IIS?

Do

Bobby Ryzhy

You probably have some kind of caching going on.

Bobby Ryzhy
bobby@ domain below
http://www.weekendtech.net

Hi:

I have an ASP.NET application to with one page that renders XML/XSLT.
The initial purpose was to have the page setup, then make any changes to an
XSL file and have the changes immediately rendered on a browser refresh,
WITHOUT Rebuilding the project.

The XSL changes do not show up unless I rebuild my project.

How do I get around this? Anything I can change in VS.NET or IIS?

Do

Bobby Ryzhy
bobby@ name of domain below
http://www.weekendtech.net

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

are you using built-in XML control? It does some caching if you set the
stylesheet via TransformSource property or document via DocumentSource
property.

If you do use it, you can get over it by providing the XslTransform class
yourself for the XML control (almost the same as then just making the
transform manually) or instead of providing files, by providing the XML via
Document (XmlDocument) an or DocumentContent properties.