XSL transformation and javascript inclusion problem of external .js files

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Ali Asghar, Aug 6, 2003.

  1. Ali Asghar

    Ali Asghar Guest

    Hi,
    Please I need help.I have a problem of client side XSL
    transformation. I sent the XML and the XSL to the client in XML data
    islands. Using the transform Node method the HTML is returned. There
    is however some script tag in the XSL file which references external
    ..js files they are like

    <SCRIPT language="Javascript" src="abc.js" DEFER="true" />

    Now, after transformation the function from this .js file are not
    called and object required errors are thrown. This is despite the fact
    that IE has downloaded the .js file and they are visisble in the cache
    (Temporary Internet Files). This problem only occurs if the .js file
    is not present in the cache, hence it happens when the user visits
    some site for the first time.

    Any pointers about that. Thanx in advance.

    Ali Asghar Safri
    ITIM Associates (Pvt) Ltd.

    Ali Asghar, Aug 6, 2003

  2. "Berislav Lopac" <> writes:

    > Just change the above to:
    >
    > <script language="Javascript" src="abc.js" defer="true"></script>

    Out of pedantism, I sugges you try to validate that. This will validate:

    <script type="text/javascript" src="abc.js" defer="defer"></script>

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -

    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Aug 6, 2003