XSLT: looking help with XPath-expression

Gerald Aichholzer

Hello NG,

I have a XML file looking like:

<!-- some elements here -->
<plugin>
<icon></icon>
<!-- some elements here -->
<object>
<!-- some elements here -->
</object>
<symbol>
<!-- some elements here -->
</symbol>
</plugin>

and I am looking for an XPath-Expression which selects
the following fragment (including attributes if present):

<plugin>
<icon></icon>
<!-- some elements here -->
<object>
<!-- some elements here -->
</object>
</plugin>

I know that I can select

. the attributes of <plugin> using
plugin/@*

. object and all subelements with attributes using
plugin/object/*|plugin/object/@*

. but how can I add only the direct childs of objects
with attributes?

thanx in advance,
Gerald

Richard Tobin

Gerald Aichholzer said:
<!-- some elements here -->
<plugin>
<icon></icon>
<!-- some elements here -->
<object>
<!-- some elements here -->
</object>
<symbol>
<!-- some elements here -->
</symbol>
</plugin>
and I am looking for an XPath-Expression which selects
the following fragment (including attributes if present):

<plugin>
<icon></icon>
<!-- some elements here -->
<object>
<!-- some elements here -->
</object>
</plugin>

You can't do that. XPath can only return nodes that are in the
original document, and you want a modified version of the <plugin>
element that only has some of the original children.

-- Richard

Martin Honnen

plugin/object/* | plugin/object/@* | plugin/object/*/@*