    Is this implemented in Sablotron?
    It's quite urgent :)

    Thx in advance.

    gouranga, Jul 31, 2006

  2. gouranga wrote:
    > <xsl:result-document href="slideshow/index.html" format="html">

    That isn't an XSLT 1.0 directive. Some 1.0 processors support
    redirection extension functions which can do similar things.

    Joe Kesselman, Jul 31, 2006

  3. gouranga wrote:

    > Sablotron keeps giving an error (non-XSL instruction) on the line with
    > this code:
    >
    > <xsl:result-document href="slideshow/index.html" format="html">

    xsl:result-document is not an instruction defined in XSLT 1.0 (which
    most XSLT processors currently implement and which was standardized in
    1999) but rather one defined in XSLT 2.0 (which is so far hardly
    implemented, major exception being Saxon 8 from
    http://www.saxonica.com/, and which is not yet finally standardized).

    > Is this implemented in Sablotron?

    To my knowledge (which stems from using Sablotron in PHP 4) Sablotron
    implements XSLT 1.0.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jul 31, 2006
  4. gouranga

    gouranga Guest

    gouranga wrote:
    > Sablotron keeps giving an error (non-XSL instruction) on the line with
    > this code:
    >
    > <xsl:result-document href="slideshow/index.html" format="html">
    >
    > Is this implemented in Sablotron?
    > It's quite urgent :)
    >
    > Thx in advance

    I need a solution in XSLT 1.0 so it will work with sablotron.
    Basicly what I am doing is:

    generate multiple documents from 1 xslt.

    Can someone provide me a short code snippet to do this in XSLT 1.0 ?

    gouranga, Aug 3, 2006
  5. > generate multiple documents from 1 xslt.
    > Can someone provide me a short code snippet to do this in XSLT 1.0 ?

    Bare XSLT 1.0 can't do it in a single pass. You either need extension
    functions (check whether your XSLT processor supports the EXSLT redirect
    extension), or you need to extract each document using a separate XSLT.

    Or generate a single document made up of a bunch of sub-documents and
    then use post-processing (a small SAX-based program?) to extract them
    and store them separately.

    Sorry, but that's what you've got.

    Joe Kesselman, Aug 3, 2006