XSLT transformation that just displays original XML?

Matt Bradbury

Hi everyone. I'm in a situation where I need to work with XML data
that I don't have the format for. It's a web service situation where
I hand them a query and an XSLT file. They produce XML fromt the
query, then run the XSLT on it and return the transformed data. But I
need to find out the original structure since the interface is poorly
documented.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this? Or even better a
XSLT file laying around that can generically return the original XML?

Thanks for your time.

-Matt Bradbury

Vemund Olstad

Hi

I have a transformation routine that is supposed transform the xml
file more or less "as it is", and I've tried the template you suggest.

There is , however, one problem I have yet to resolve: is it possible
to copy the DOCTYPE declaration as well? As far as I know this is not
one of the nodes xPath is able to target, so how can I copy it?

I would be very happy if could supply an answer, or point me in the
right direction here...

Best wishes

Vemund

Vemund Olstad

Sorry -- you can't. There are only "traces" of a DTD in the XML Infoset.

Blegh - I was afraid of that. Thank you for the very quick response -
I guess I'll have to resort to scripting....

Best wishes

Vemund

Dimitre Novatchev

There is , however, one problem I have yet to resolve: is it possible
to copy the DOCTYPE declaration as well? As far as I know this is not
one of the nodes xPath is able to target, so how can I copy it?

Sorry -- you can't. There are only "traces" of a DTD in the XML Infoset.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.