    in there not even on ;

    is the return of 5.6.1
    I believe

    swilting, Sep 30, 2008

  2. swilting <> wrote:
    >[swilting@your-ab6cd29f8e ~]$ perl -e {{{{}}}} | cat >aout.txt |
    >cat /bin/ps | ps -A | more
    >

    >This keeps the permissions to own perl
    >after all it could put anything at the end of the line
    >in there not even on ;

    What on earth are you rambling about?
    Would you mind applying English syntax, punctuation, and grammar to that
    sequence of English words, please?

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Sep 30, 2008

  3. swilting

    Tim Greer Guest

    swilting wrote:

    > [swilting@your-ab6cd29f8e ~]$ perl -e {{{{}}}} | cat >aout.txt |
    > cat /bin/ps | ps -A | more
    >

    > This keeps the permissions to own perl
    > after all it could put anything at the end of the line
    > in there not even on ;
    >
    > is the return of 5.6.1
    > I believe

    I can't make sense of your post here? Looking at the command you've
    supplied, you'd get the same results by just typing: ps -A so I'm
    unsure how Perl is related to your question or if you intended to
    provide more information (code, details, etc.)

    Tim Greer, Sep 30, 2008
  4. swilting

    Bill H Guest

    On Sep 30, 6:34 pm, Tim Greer <> wrote:
    > swilting wrote:
    > > [swilting@your-ab6cd29f8e ~]$ perl -e {{{{}}}} | cat >aout.txt |
    > > cat /bin/ps | ps -A | more

    > > This keeps the permissions to own perl
    > > after all it could put anything at the end of the line
    > > in there not even on ;

    > > is the return of 5.6.1
    > > I believe

    > I can't make sense of your post here?  Looking at the command you've
    > supplied, you'd get the same results by just typing: ps -A so I'm
    > unsure how Perl is related to your question or if you intended to
    > provide more information (code, details, etc.)
    > --
    > Tim Greer, CEO/Founder/CTO, BurlyHost.com, Inc.
    > Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers
    > and Custom Hosting.  24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
    > Industry's most experienced staff! -- Web Hosting With Muscle!

    My Engrish is pretty rusty but I think he is trying to say that using
    the above you can do things you don't have permission to do, as long
    as perl has permission to do it.

    Bill H

    Bill H, Oct 1, 2008
  5. swilting

    Tim Greer Guest

    Bill H wrote:

    > On Sep 30, 6:34 pm, Tim Greer <> wrote:
    >> swilting wrote:
    >> > [swilting@your-ab6cd29f8e ~]$ perl -e {{{{}}}} | cat >aout.txt |
    >> > cat /bin/ps | ps -A | more

    >> > This keeps the permissions to own perl
    >> > after all it could put anything at the end of the line
    >> > in there not even on ;

    >> > is the return of 5.6.1
    >> > I believe

    >> I can't make sense of your post here?  Looking at the command you've
    >> supplied, you'd get the same results by just typing: ps -A so I'm
    >> unsure how Perl is related to your question or if you intended to
    >> provide more information (code, details, etc.)
    >> --
    >> Tim Greer, CEO/Founder/CTO, BurlyHost.com, Inc.
    >> Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated & Semi-Dedicated servers
    >> and Custom Hosting.  24/7 support, 30 day guarantee, secure servers.
    >> Industry's most experienced staff! -- Web Hosting With Muscle!

    > My Engrish is pretty rusty but I think he is trying to say that using
    > the above you can do things you don't have permission to do, as long
    > as perl has permission to do it.
    >
    > Bill H

    Possibly, though I got the impression that maybe the OP meant that it
    would only list the (Perl) processes owned by their user? I'll refrain
    from guessing further.

    Tim Greer, Oct 1, 2008
  6. Tim Greer <> wrote:
    >Bill H wrote:

    >>> I can't make sense of your post here?  Looking at the command you've
    >>> supplied, you'd get the same results by just typing: ps -A so I'm
    >>> unsure how Perl is related to your question or if you intended to
    >>> provide more information (code, details, etc.)

    >> My Engrish is pretty rusty but I think he is trying to say that using
    >> the above you can do things you don't have permission to do, as long
    >> as perl has permission to do it.
    >>
    >> Bill H

    >Possibly, though I got the impression that maybe the OP meant that it
    >would only list the (Perl) processes owned by their user? I'll refrain
    >from guessing further.

    "permission to own Perl" sounds more like he wants a custom installation
    under his user account instead of the system installation provided by
    the administrator. But that's as bad a guess as any other.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Oct 1, 2008
  7. swilting

    Tim Greer Guest

    Jürgen Exner wrote:

    > Tim Greer <> wrote:
    >>Bill H wrote:

    >>> My Engrish is pretty rusty but I think he is trying to say that
    >>> using the above you can do things you don't have permission to do,
    >>> as long as perl has permission to do it.
    >>>
    >>> Bill H

    >>Possibly, though I got the impression that maybe the OP meant that it
    >>would only list the (Perl) processes owned by their user? I'll
    >>refrain from guessing further.

    > "permission to own Perl" sounds more like he wants a custom
    > installation under his user account instead of the system installation
    > provided by the administrator. But that's as bad a guess as any other.
    >
    > jue

    I don't get the impression the OP writes in English well enough or will
    revisit this thread by the looks of it, so I'm not going to dwell on
    it. Maybe they just wanted to post nonsense? :)

    Tim Greer, Oct 1, 2008
  8. Tim Greer <> wrote in news:YPxEk.2634$i84.877
    @newsfe10.iad:

    > swilting wrote:
    >
    >> [swilting@your-ab6cd29f8e ~]$ perl -e {{{{}}}} | cat >aout.txt |
    >> cat /bin/ps | ps -A | more
    >>

    >> This keeps the permissions to own perl
    >> after all it could put anything at the end of the line
    >> in there not even on ;
    >>
    >> is the return of 5.6.1
    >> I believe

    > I can't make sense of your post here?

    This person has a history of posting gibberish (possibly translated from
    French using an online translator).

    I prefer to ignore his posts.

    Sinan

    --
    A. Sinan Unur <>

    http://www.rehabitation.com/clpmisc/

    A. Sinan Unur, Oct 2, 2008
  9. Tim Greer <> wrote:

    > Maybe they just wanted to post nonsense? :)

    This OP has done this about a dozen times here in the past.

    --
    Tad McClellan

    Tad J McClellan, Oct 2, 2008