    programming in zope and then downloading them via zope.Can you help me in
    this regard? I will be very thankfull to you.
    Regards, Harry
    harryjatt, Apr 28, 2011

  2. harryjatt

    Tony Guest

    Could you provide more details of what you are trying to do and what
    help you need?

    Tony, Apr 29, 2011

  3. harryjatt

    harryjatt Guest

    thanks for the reply. I am doing web development with Zope which is connected
    to mySQL. my project is that my customer will upload files(with some logical
    title) and his clients will download that files on their computer.It is my
    first project.please let meknow if you need further details. i will provide
    you with that.

    harryjatt, Apr 30, 2011
  4. harryjatt wrote:

    > Hi, i am doing web development with Zope. My connected database is mySQL.
    > I am new to this combination.I have to upload the files to mySQL with
    > programming in zope and then downloading them via zope.Can you help me in
    > this regard?

    Perhaps.

    > I will be very thankfull to you.

    Posting sensibly (which includes to not top-post) will be thanks enough for
    me these days.

    PointedEars

    Bitte keine Kopien per E-Mail. / Please do not Cc: me.
    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Apr 30, 2011
  5. harryjatt

    harryjatt Guest

    SORRY, i think that you are not happy with my elaboration. I am trying to
    generate a code for uploading and downloading the pdf files to mysql by web
    application through zope. but i can not make it right. I want your
    assistance in this.

    harryjatt, May 1, 2011
  6. On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 23:43:35 -0700 (PDT), harryjatt
    <> declaimed the following in
    gmane.comp.python.general:

    > SORRY, i think that you are not happy with my elaboration. I am trying to
    > generate a code for uploading and downloading the pdf files to mysql by web
    > application through zope. but i can not make it right. I want your
    > assistance in this.

    All you've given is a statement of your intended implementation. You
    have failed to explain WHAT you need help with?

    MySQL?
    Zope?
    Upload?
    Download?

    Among other things -- I wouldn't bother using MySQL to store PDF
    files themselves; you'd be stuck with handling translation of the files
    in/out of BLOBs. If you need the database to associate files with
    particular users (or other metadata), I'd store a file name (as supplied
    in the upload) along with a local (server-side) generated file name, and
    save the actual PDF on the file system using the generated name (using a
    generated name means no conflicts if two users upload the same real file
    name).

    Are you able to generate HTML that will produce upload or download
    without using Zope?

    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/