Zope with mySQL

harryjatt

Hi, i am doing web development with Zope. My connected database is mySQL. I
am new to this combination.I have to upload the files to mySQL with
programming in zope and then downloading them via zope.Can you help me in
this regard? I will be very thankfull to you.
Regards, Harry

harryjatt

thanks for the reply. I am doing web development with Zope which is connected
to mySQL. my project is that my customer will upload files(with some logical
title) and his clients will download that files on their computer.It is my
first project.please let meknow if you need further details. i will provide
you with that.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

harryjatt said:
Hi, i am doing web development with Zope. My connected database is mySQL.
I am new to this combination.I have to upload the files to mySQL with
programming in zope and then downloading them via zope.Can you help me in
this regard?
Perhaps.

I will be very thankfull to you.

Posting sensibly (which includes to not top-post) will be thanks enough for
me these days.

harryjatt

SORRY, i think that you are not happy with my elaboration. I am trying to
generate a code for uploading and downloading the pdf files to mysql by web
application through zope. but i can not make it right. I want your
assistance in this.

Dennis Lee Bieber

SORRY, i think that you are not happy with my elaboration. I am trying to
generate a code for uploading and downloading the pdf files to mysql by web
application through zope. but i can not make it right. I want your
assistance in this.

All you've given is a statement of your intended implementation. You
have failed to explain WHAT you need help with?

MySQL?
Zope?
Upload?
Download?

Among other things -- I wouldn't bother using MySQL to store PDF
files themselves; you'd be stuck with handling translation of the files
in/out of BLOBs. If you need the database to associate files with
particular users (or other metadata), I'd store a file name (as supplied
in the upload) along with a local (server-side) generated file name, and
save the actual PDF on the file system using the generated name (using a
generated name means no conflicts if two users upload the same real file
name).

Are you able to generate HTML that will produce upload or download
without using Zope?