ZThreads....

adleyman

Wondering if anyone has experience or war stories about ZThreads.
Thikning of using it, but can't really find much talk about it.

Anyone using ZThreads care to share opinions?

Victor Bazarov

Wondering if anyone has experience or war stories about ZThreads.
Thikning of using it, but can't really find much talk about it.

Just wondering here... Why are you thinking of using it if you
haven't found much about it? Why not use something else, then?

adleyman

Victor said:
Just wondering here... Why are you thinking of using it if you
haven't found much about it? Why not use something else, then?

Well,

I saw it in the "Thinking in C++" book by Bruce Eckel and figured
ZThreads seem a lot more intuitive than PThreads with C++. Let me also
state though that I am somewhat amateur and do not know of any options
besides ZThreads or PThreads.

Victor Bazarov

[..]
I saw it in the "Thinking in C++" book by Bruce Eckel and figured
ZThreads seem a lot more intuitive than PThreads with C++. Let me also
state though that I am somewhat amateur and do not know of any options
besides ZThreads or PThreads.

I've not heard of ZThreads, and pthreads is basically a standard thing
on Un*x-like systems (not everywhere, but on many of them). Ask in
'comp.programming.threads', maybe they heard something...