1.1 Assemblies In 2.0

Child X

Hi all,

I am still working on a largish project using ASP.NET 1.1.

Now i know at some point i will probably punish myself with migrating it to
2.0.

The bulk of the application is encaptulated in a BLL & DAL assemblies.

Now my question, which is probably a little naive, is do i have to rewrite
my 1.1 assemblies into 2.0 code.; or because it is CLR when compiled this
won't be required.

Appreciate any input....

Cheers,
Adam

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,

Child said:
Hi all,

I am still working on a largish project using ASP.NET 1.1.

Now i know at some point i will probably punish myself with migrating it to
2.0.

The bulk of the application is encaptulated in a BLL & DAL assemblies.

Now my question, which is probably a little naive, is do i have to rewrite
my 1.1 assemblies into 2.0 code.; or because it is CLR when compiled this
won't be required.

Appreciate any input....

Cheers,
Adam

In my experience, most 1.1 code, especially when enclosed properly in
layers, compiles under 2.0 without modifications, and only with some
"deprecated" warnings. It's not that big a deal to correct these
warnings and continue with state of the art 2.0 code.

Good luck.
Laurent