1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers

newstips6706

1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers

[ Mathematics / Physics / Engineering ]

________________________________

Definitions

What is a PRIME Number ?

A PRIME number is a number whose only positive divisors are one and
itself.

What is a MAGIC SQUARE?

A magic square is an arrangement of numbers in a square, such that the
numbers in all rows, all columns, and both diagonals sum to the same
number.
________________________________

MAGIC SQUARES & PRIME Numbers

The secret of PRIME Numbers are embedded within the puzzle known as
"MAGIC SQUARES".

PRIME Numbers and Magic Squares go hand in hand.

PRIME Numbers & The Number '1'

PRIME Numbers are the progress of TIME or The Number '1' in the
universe.

Another definition of "Science" is the comprehension of PRIME Numbers.

The Number '1' is like "a seed" and PRIME Numbers is the "tree" that
grows or progresses from that seed. The seed and the tree are one and
the same.

________________________________

The Comphrehension of the Number '1' IS the study of PRIME Numbers, for
the Number '1' is the only number in the universe that is truly
"indivisible".

Since PRIME Numbers take on the nature of the Number '1', and the
Number '1' is the seed of all PRIME Numbers, therefore the Number '1'
is PRIME Number.
________________________________

To "divide" a PRIME by "itself" OR by the Number '1', results in a
"canceling of itself out" OR the PRIME Number "dissolves into its
original state" of "NOTHING" OR .

EXAMPLES:

1 / 1 = PI

2 / 1 = PI

2 / 2 = PI

3 / 1 = PI

3 / 3 = PI

etc.

________________________________

PRIME Numbers & TIME

To count 'TIME' is to count the number of 'coincidences' OR same - time
- occurrences of The Number '1'.

"To count TIME" IS NOT EQUAL TO "measuring TIME" in "seconds",
"minutes", "hours", "days", etc.

To measure TIME in "seconds", "minutes", etc. is impossible.

THEREFORE

"To count TIME" IS to count in (the) PRIME Numbers:

1,2,3,5,7,11,13...

Gordon Burditt

1, 2, 3, 5, 7... PRIME Numbers

By definition in mathematics, 1 is not a prime number.

[ Mathematics / Physics / Engineering ]

________________________________

Definitions

What is a PRIME Number ?

A PRIME number is a number whose only positive divisors are one and
itself.

A prime number has exactly two distinct positive divisors, one and
itself. This disqualifies 1 as a prime number.

David T. Ashley

Gordon Burditt said:
By definition in mathematics, 1 is not a prime number.

Depends on whose definition. Not strictly true. 1 is prime in some sense.
It is just that if you allow this in the definition, most theorems and
proofs get trivially more complicated.

It all gets easier if you say that any positive integer has the
factorization:

1 * p_1^q_1 * p_2^q_2 ...

where p_n is a prime factor and q_n is the multiplicity. By this definition
"1" has no prime factors, "2" has only the prime factor "2", etc.

This URL:

http://www.mth.uct.ac.za/digest/faq/prime.html

kind of repeats my ambivalent stance. 1 has been prime and non-prime quite
a bit over the years.

Categorizing 1 as non-prime isn't the only to think about it.

Excerpt below. Notice the use of the word "convenient".

--------

Is 1 a prime?
Like any good question, this can be answered at several levels. The first
simple answer is that the generally accepted definition of a prime number is
`a positive integer greater than 1 which has no divisors other than 1 and
itself.'
An equivalent definition is to specify that a prime number is a positive
integer which has exactly two divisors. Since 1 has exactly one divisor, it
is not prime.
A composite number is then defined to be a positive integer with three or
more divisors.
If, on the other hand, you define a prime number as a positive integer which
has no divisors other than 1 and itself, then 1 must be regarded as a prime
number.
Which is the correct definition? Both have been used over the years, and it
really depends on how you want to develop the discussion of prime numbers.
Mathematicians are nowadays in general agreement that it is more convenient
to use a definition which excludes 1 from the set of prime numbers.

james of tucson

David said:
Depends on whose definition. Not strictly true. 1 is prime in some sense.

Good luck getting the Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic rewritten, or
all the stuff that follows from the irreducibility that results from
excluding the unit from the universe of discourse.

An element p of the ring D, nonzero and not a unit, is called prime if
it can not be decomposed into factors p=ab, neither of which is a unit
in D.

One is in the class of units, not primes, and calling it prime is
nowhere near as trivial as you suggest.

http://modular.fas.harvard.edu/papers/ant/html/ant.html

Dik T. Winter

> Good luck getting the Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic rewritten, or
> all the stuff that follows from the irreducibility that results from
> excluding the unit from the universe of discourse.

Oh, well, that was quite common before 1900. Until about that time 1
was considered prime. As David wrote, you can do all the standard stuff,
but the formulations are a bit more complicated. Strange enough there
is one case where the exclusion of 1 from the set of primes gave a
slightly more complicated formulation: Goldbach's conjecture.