2.0: change of password rules (newbie)

R.A.M.

Hello,
I am writing my first ASP.NET application. I would like to change rules for
password to allow 4-letter passwords without nonalphanumeric characters.
Thus, I added the following section to my web.config:

<membership defaultProvider="SqlMembershipProvider"
userIsOnlineTimeWindow="20">
<providers>

<add name="SqlMembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="SqlServices" enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed"
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="4"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" passwordAttemptWindow="10"
passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" />

</providers>

</membership>

The problem is that when I run ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool to
create new user I receive:

An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.
The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Exception has been
thrown by the target of an invocation. at
System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[]
arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes,
RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner) at
System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean
skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object
obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters,
CultureInfo culture) at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CallWebAdminMembershipProviderHelperMethodOutParams(String
methodName, Object[] parameters, Type[] paramTypes) at
System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.CreateUser(String
username, String password, String email, String passwordQuestion, String
passwordAnswer, Boolean isApproved, Object providerUserKey,
MembershipCreateStatus& status) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.AttemptCreateUser() at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs
e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.WizardChildTable.OnBubbleEvent(Object
source, EventArgs args) at System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object
source, EventArgs args) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at
eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl,
String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Could you help me please to change web.config?
Thank you
/RAM/

Guest

[...]

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaiseP­ostBackEvent(String
eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl,
String eventArgument) at
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Could you help me please to change web.config?
Thank you
/RAM/

http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/WebLog/rohanthomas/archive/2005/09/12/132489.aspx

R.A.M.

But I don' want "use a password meeting the requirements of the password
settings.". I want to have 4-letter paswords without nonaplhanumeric
characters! That's why I changed my web.config, but I don't know what's
wrong.
Please help.
/RAM/

Uzytkownik "Anon User" <> napisal w wiadomosci