2 membership databases

David Thielen

Hi;

In one portal we have people can request a free demo of our portal product.
To give them a login I need to create a user for them in the membership
database for our portal product.

So in web app GET_DEMO how can I make calls into the membership database for
the portal REPORT_PORTAL? The membership database calls are all static and
seem to assume there is just 1 membership database.

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Dominick Baier

If you are using the static methods - the default provider will be used.

You can use a specific provider using e.g.

Membership.Providers["providername"].AddUser();

David Thielen

worked perfectly - thanks

--

-----

Hi;

In one portal we have people can request a free demo of our portal
product. To give them a login I need to create a user for them in the
membership database for our portal product.

So in web app GET_DEMO how can I make calls into the membership
database for the portal REPORT_PORTAL? The membership database calls
are all static and seem to assume there is just 1 membership database.

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks Dominick's input.

Hi Dave,

Here is another web article which has demonstrate using multiple membership
providers in a single ASP.NET application. Though it is targeting
ActiveDirectoryMembership Provider, the logic applies to all providers

#How To: Use Forms Authentication with Active Directory in Multiple Domains
in ASP.NET 2.0

Hope this also helps.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng