2 Questions regarding debugging and exception

matthias s

hey there,

question 1: i'm using visual studio 2003 and .net 1.1 to build a webservice.
once i start debugging the service, internet explorer displays the page with
my webmethods. basically, this is fine. but i've set up firefox as my
default browser and set the project settings (debugging section) to not use
internet explorer. does anyone know the problem?

question 2: i'm trying to return a SoapException to my client when an
exception occurs. i've followed the steps in the documentation on how to set
up a proper soap message. but once i run my webservice through the browser,
i get only the Message part of the SoapException as a string back. nothing
more, nothing less. what i'd like to get is a properly formatted
SoapException with all the details.

does anyone know this problem?

kind regards!

matthias