800a000d|Type_mismatch:_'SendMail'

Mary Lintz

I have never encountered this error before. Any ideas on
where to start looking? I believe that my application is
attempting to send me an error message, but one of my
types (?) of the message I am loading up is invalid? What
can I do with SendMail, or where can I find the types
allowed?

Thanks -

Mary

Mary Lintz

Aaron:

I was afraid that you were going to ask that. There are two routines
are could be the culprit, following is one of them

m_Sybase_testing_change_emails = "(e-mail address removed)," & _
"(e-mail address removed)"

m_Sybase_up_message = "The WebTax application can now communicate with
the Cashiering " & _
"WebTax can now accept ACH payments. "

m_Sybase_down_message = "The WebTax application can not communicate
with the Cashiering " & _
"WebTax can not ACH accept payments at this time. " & _
"Please verify the application is live."

'Sybase Server is down
If m_SybaseLive = "False" Then

If m_WebTaxServer = "ServerIPAddress" OR m_WebTaxServer =
"serverIPAddress" Then 'testing environment

'send email to developers - Sybase is back up
SendMail m_Sybase_email,m_Sybase_testing_change_emails,"Sybase
Server Down",m_Sybase_down_message

Else 'live environment

'send email to Tax Office Staff - Sybase is back up
SendMail m_Sybase_email,m_Sybase_live_change_emails,"Sybase Server
Down",m_Sybase_down_message

End If

'change application variable to indicate new Sybase status
Application.Contents("Sybaseup") = "False"

End If

I was actually looking for documentation of SendMail, and I believe I
could look it up. Thanks

Mary Lintz
Website Cooridnator - ISD
County of Ventura
http://www.countyofventura.org
(e-mail address removed)

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

SendMail m_Sybase_email,m_Sybase_testing_change_emails,"Sybase
Server Down",m_Sybase_down_message

This is ASP code, right? Is SendMail a sub, or a function? Where is it
defined?