  1. Anyone with an IQ over 3 can see that the term "Windows" represents
    many, many, different platforms.

    We realize that you don't qualify.

    Kenny McCormack, Apr 25, 2008

  2. Bartc

    Flash Gordon Guest

    Keith Thompson wrote, On 25/04/08 17:23:
    Ask and it shall be done...
    http://clc-wiki.net/wiki/c_standard
    It also has links to where you can find the rationales which say why
    some of the C standard is the way it is.
    I would always have considered using an explicit int to be better style
    anyway. Others may disagree, of course.
    True.

    The most portable version of the C language is the common subset of C99
    and C90.

    Also Sensei should note that you normally have to supply extra options
    to get any compiler to fully conform to the C standard, and sometimes
    further options to make it warn/error on extensions (some will never
    warn/error on every extension they support), and more options to get the
    compiler to get a load more useful warnings.

    In short, read the documentation and find out how to make your compiler
    conform to the standard and warn about as much as possible.

    Flash Gordon, Apr 25, 2008

  3. Bartc

    Flash Gordon Guest

    Sensei wrote, On 26/04/08 13:30:
    My post was not intended as criticism, merely providing information
    which you may or may not have known.

    Flash Gordon, Apr 26, 2008