A composite control

James T.

Hello!

I developed a composite control that inherits from HyperLink and overrides
Render method.

In web form I am using this control with DataGrid. On DataGrid ItemDataBound
event I set ImageWidth and ImageHeight values programmatically. But on
post-back the control loses ImageWidth and ImageHeight values.

What I am doing wrong?

Thank you!
James

CODE:
-----------------------

Protected Overrides Sub Render(ByVal Output As System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter)

Output.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Href, Me.NavigateUrl)
Output.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.A)

If ImageUrl.Length = 0 Then
Output.Write([Text])
Else

Output.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Src, ImageUrl)
Output.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Alt, [Text])
Output.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Height, ImageHeight)
Output.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Width, ImageWidth)

If Not (ImageHeight Is Nothing) Then
Output.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Height, ImageHeight)
End If

If Not (ImageWidth Is Nothing) Then
Output.AddAttribute(HtmlTextWriterAttribute.Width, ImageWidth)
End If

Output.RenderBeginTag(HtmlTextWriterTag.Img)
Output.RenderEndTag()

End If
Output.RenderEndTag()

End Sub

Yunus Emre ALPÖZEN [MCAD.NET]

you should save your values in a viewstate or a inline property... It loses
its state..