    there that is doing this task ?

    Thanks in advance,
    Tung Chau

    tungchau81, Jun 2, 2006

  2. tungchau81

    Erwin Moller Guest

    Hi Tung,

    Well, what you are asking for is a straightforward search-replace alghoritm,
    right?
    Such tasks are easy with scriptinglanguages like PHP or Perl.
    Even VB-script should be able to do it. ;-)

    My Perl suck these days, so if you can go PHP, have a look at:
    http://nl2.php.net/manual/en/function.str-replace.php
    and fopen() for opening.

    try to make a program that opens all files, replaces your commentstags, and
    then safes the file.

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller

    Erwin Moller, Jun 2, 2006

  3. tungchau81

    Hal Rosser Guest

    That wheel has already been invented.
    You can google to find a shareware to search/replace through an entire
    directory.
    Its been several years since I used one, so the name of the one I used has
    departed the memory banks.
    But look at it as a find-replace task, heck, even MS Word can do that for a
    file at a time.
    HTH Hal

    Hal Rosser, Jun 2, 2006
  4. tungchau81

    Ian Collins Guest

    man find
    man sed

    Ian Collins, Jun 2, 2006
  5. JRS: In article <OA0gg.68663$>, dated
    Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:46:56 remote, seen in Hal
    Why go to that expense? See in sig.

    Dr John Stockton, Jun 3, 2006