Help to script a very easy program to manipulate timecodes (srt files)

Joined
Aug 13, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone!

I didnt program for many years, so i have forgotten so much of the basics of programming , that i was not able to do the job myself.

The Task is not so difficult. So if anyone can help me out and program a little program for me... I would be very thankful!

You might know srt files. That is a format in which subtitles for movies are saved. Video Playing software, e.g. VLC can combine the srt

file with the Video file and you can watch a movie clip you have subtitled.

I have written down the Text of the movie in a txt file. And i have the timecodes (for example (min 1:10 to min 1.20 Luke: Are you my father?)

That is how the Timecodes look like:

43
01:17:41,170 --> 01:17:45,997

44
01:17:46,425 --> 01:17:50,838

45
01:17:55,309 --> 01:17:59,223

46
01:17:59,855 --> 01:18:05,098

47
01:18:05,444 --> 01:18:10,948

The Timecode text fields are empty right now. Ususally, there is the Text, spoken in the movie, down below the timecode.
It begins with:

0
00:01:01,002---´ 00:01:08,000