Abort trap - Fatal Python error: GC object already tracked

Discussion in 'Python' started by p.lavarre, Jul 10, 2007.

  1. p.lavarre

    p.lavarre Guest

    Is this interesting Python output?

    $ gc-object-already-tracked.py

    File "/Users/admin/Desktop/lxio/gc-object-already-tracked.py", line
    770, in __main__.REDACTED
    Failed example:
    nqzhexes(self.send())
    Expected:
    '... [redacted] ...'z
    Got:
    '... [redacted] ...'
    Fatal Python error: GC object already tracked
    Abort trap
    $
    $ /usr/bin/env python --version
    Python 2.5.1
    $ uname
    Darwin
    $

    I can just avoid it, I don't need to solve it, but tell me I can help
    by solving it, and I'll look more closely.

    I can't just share all this source with you - I wrote a simulation for
    pay under c*nfidentiality - but if I find I can throw away most of the
    source and still produce the error, I could share that.

    p.lavarre, Jul 10, 2007

  2. p.lavarre

    p.lavarre Guest

    Is this interesting Python output? ...
    Sorry, never mind, not interesting after all.

    Newbie me did somehow forget the fact that ctypes.memmove doesn't
    bounds-check, e.g. there is no error raised by overwriting memory not
    owned, which then naturally degrades the stability of the GC etc.

    p.lavarre, Jul 10, 2007