exclusive connection error

Stephen D Cook

When I try to run my application, I get this error. Below is the code
I use as well as the connection string. I believe the error is in the
connection string, but its above my head as far as what is wrong with
it.

Server Error in '/WebApplication2' Application.

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file 'C:\Documents
and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Personal Databases\7-27-06a1.mdb'. It is
already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to
view its data.

I have a form with a drop down list box bound to a column in the
database. I have added a oledbconnection object, a oledbdataadapter
object and a dataset to the form and configured them to the database.

OleDbDataAdapter1.Fill(DataSet11)
DropDownList1.DataSource = DataSet11
DropDownList1.DataBind()

It seems to generate the error when trying to access the database to
fill the dataadapter dataset.

Here is my connection string, sorry its so complicated but I let a
wizard generate it.

Jet OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Registry Path=;Jet
OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Data Source="C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner\Desktop\Personal Databases\7-27-06a1.mdb";Mode=Share
Deny None;Jet OLEDB:Engine
Type=5;Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0";Jet OLEDB:System
database=;Jet OLEDB:SFP=False;persist security info=False;Extended
Properties=;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet
OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Create System
Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on Compact=False;User
ID=Admin;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1