WebConfig

Jim Heavey

I am trying to figure out how to "deal" with placing the connection string
into the webconfig file when the connection string contains " and '.

Here is my connection string...

//
value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password="""";User
ID=Admin;Data Source=F:\Jim\My Documents\Clients\Cleveland Skating\Database
\SkatingResults.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended Properties="";Jet
OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database
Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet
OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet
OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet
OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on
Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet
OLEDB:SFP=False" />

First, I changed the enclosing quote marks from " to ' and this worked up
until it got to the part which identifies "Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on
Compact=False;". How would I deal with "Don't Copy Locale" ?

I though I would not need this, so I took it out and when I did, I get an
error as follows.."The workgroup information file is missing or opened
exclusively by another user."

I used the IDE to generate the connection string and I did press the "Test
Connection" and that completed successfully.

It is my first try at connecting to a MS Access database, I usually connect
to SQL.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Craig Deelsnyder

Jim said:
[...]

check out http://www.connectionstrings.com/ they have examples of each
db, etc. most of the time you define an 'empty' value by just the =
sign with nothing after it...

val=;nextVal=333

Guest

Try putting the quotation marks in XML syntax (" i think). When the configuration file is read by ASP.NET, the items will be converted back into tradtional quotation marks.