ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider ( password expiration?)

I'm thinking about using the ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider for the login
control and I'm wondering if the provider can handle the situation where the
user's password has expired (after 90 days for example) and they need to
change it. So far after reading documentation I haven't been able to find an
answer to this question. If the provider does not support this, will I need
to extend the provider or create a custom one.

Thanks,

Joe Kaplan

This situation cannot be handled via LDAP in general, so I would not expect
the provider to be able to handle this (since it uses LDAP). You probably
can't code around this either though, as once the user's password has
expired, it has to be administratively reset. The only thing you could do
is use the password recovery features to do some sort of question/answer
pair thing. I believe the provider already supports this though.

Joe K.