ActiveX control prompt

Guest

I am trying to develop a web page, when loaded it should prompt for
installing ActiveX control using Internet Explorer information bar help but I
am getting a prompt message "windows has blocked this software because it
can't verify the publisher". I want user to download a cab (ActiveX control)
file from my web page.

Second how can I make sure once the ActiveX files are downloaded are not
prompted to download again

Any help will be appreciated

ASP.NET 2.0 / C#

Thanks.

~ Raj

bruce barker

for IE to download and install an active/x control it must be signed and
marked safe for scripting. the signing must be done by a trusted
authority (say verisign). basically you send your dll to the authority
(with a fee) and they send back a signed one.

your control must also be marked safe for scripting, this is your legal
guarantee that a third party can not use the control to beach
security/privacy in the browser.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)