adding column

Joined
Mar 17, 2008
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
i want to add a column to a gridview and then select a row which will take me to another page to edit details.

1)To start with adding a column to an existing gridview of data from a DB?

2)To select a row (on any part of the row)and have the details of row to be passed to another page? if i get the row no of the gridview i could match it up with the dataset for all values.

this code is in a asp button on the page.
cell1 = GridView1.Rows(???).Cells(???).Text 'rowindex? colindex how do i know what is being clicked
TextBox1.Text = cell1

I dont want to use the edit events because i dont want the autoge..edit.

using something like GridView2_SelectedIndexChanged means i need the awful looking select hyperlink to be in the gridview which i dont want. I didnt want to go near this approach.

i want to click on a button for example and just get the row,col index.

It seems complicated for such a basic piece of data.

Last edited: