Adding Queries within the DataSet Designer (VS2005)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by daokfella, Feb 27, 2007.

  1. daokfella

    daokfella Guest

    Hi all,

    I added a dataset to my project and dragged over a table from server
    explorer. I modified the dataadapter to use existing stored procedures
    for the Get, Insert, Update and Delete. I've also added a few
    additional queries that can fill the datatable. I've even also added
    scalar queries to return additional info.

    However, I'd like to use the tableadapter to retrieve a query that is
    neither scalar, nor fits the schema of the datatable. The SPROC
    basically return a single row with two columns. Is this even possible?
    I get a warning when adding this query that it does not match the
    table definition and to change it if it was not intended. I was hoping
    the dataadapter would return a generic datatable for this method call.
    Unfortunately, it still tries to return the typed datatable.

    I'm guessing my only option is to create a new tableadapter in the
    dataset that matches the schema of my SPROC? It's OK to omit the
    INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE selections since this is read-only correct?

    Thanks,

    Jason

    daokfella, Feb 27, 2007