Agent Framework

Einbert

Hi,

Does it exist an agent framework written in C ?

If not, what would you recommend if I want to write some agents or
agents-like in C ?

I should have something that is difficult to kill. I know that it is
not possible to avoid a process to be killed with a kill -9 proc_num
command, but is it nevertheless possible to extend the signal handler
so that it sends a msg when a process is killed by a SIGKILL signal ?

Thanks for your answers.

Seeu

Chris

mark_bluemel

Hi,

Does it exist an agent framework written in C ?

I'm not sure what you mean by "agent".
If not, what would you recommend if I want to write some agents or
agents-like in C ?

I should have something that is difficult to kill. I know that it is
not possible to avoid a process to be killed with a kill -9 proc_num
command, but is it nevertheless possible to extend the signal handler
so that it sends a msg when a process is killed by a SIGKILL signal ?

You now seem to be talking about Unix daemon processes, but I'm using
knowledge that doesn't relate to the C programming language.

Loads of information is available, but it relates to Unix programming,
not the generalised C programming generally seen as on-topic here.

You might do better in somewhere like comp.unix.programmer.

<Off-Topic>
You could also do some reading - this sounds very much like the sort
of thing that Richard Stevens covers in "Advanced Programming in the
UNIX Environment"...
</Off-Topic>

Einbert

I'm not sure what you mean by "agent".

Some kind of little program that works on his own, do some stuff and
can exchange some information with other agents... For example, as
soon as an agent has found some searched information, he tells the
others that he found the wanted information... Actually I would need
some kind of standalone agents that are not depended of some central
management, i.e no single point of failure.

You might do better in somewhere like comp.unix.programmer.

Thanks for the advise :) . I will have a look there.
<Off-Topic>
You could also do some reading - this sounds very much like the sort
of thing that Richard Stevens covers in "Advanced Programming in the
UNIX Environment"...
</Off-Topic>

I have already begun with the reading :) .