Ajax, separation/encapsulation og pages

ulrik

I want to make a website consisting of several pages with no
traditional postback at all. I have a header with a menu and a search
box. When clicking a menu item or the search button the appropriate
content should be loaded below with Ajax. I can accomplish this by
making an UpdatePanel with a div inside for each page and put this
into one single page and switch the pages by setting visible=true on
the page I want to show and visible=false on the others. My problem is
that I end up with the whole code in one single page which is becoming
pretty hard to manage :) I want to separate/encapsulate the code into
several pages or user controls or whatever. I've tried to use a
MultiView and a user control for each page but this doesn't work
because I have to set the search button as trigger in one of the user
controls... When I click the search button I try to set the
ActiveViewIndex on the multiview but the updatepanel is'nt there
(because the user control is not rendered yet). There must be some
AJAX pattern that describes a solution to this classical problem... I
want to encapsulate each page and make it possible for the surrounding
page to communicate in a prober way with these pages.