Allowing Write access without using IUSR

AVB

Is there any other way to write files to a directory than allowing the
IUSR write access. We have a website that will be writing XML files and
Label files to a directory outside of our website directory but I am
hesitant to give the generic IUSR account write access to anything and
wondered if we could asign a different account or if there was some
sort of ASP script we could use. These files will be created based on a
received XML string (used for label generation) then saved to the
server for archiving and/or recreation of the labels. Any ideas? TIA!

Ad

Elmo Watson

not that I know of - the IUSR account is what the web server uses to
accomplish tasks on the site - to be able to write to a directory, that user
MUST have the correct permissions.

David Wier
http://aspexpress.com

Ad

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

AVB said:
Is there any other way to write files to a directory than allowing the
IUSR write access. We have a website that will be writing XML files and
Label files to a directory outside of our website directory but I am
hesitant to give the generic IUSR account write access to anything and
wondered if we could asign a different account or if there was some
sort of ASP script we could use. These files will be created based on a
received XML string (used for label generation) then saved to the
server for archiving and/or recreation of the labels. Any ideas? TIA!

Write a custom component that handles the file writing, register the
component in COM+ and assign it a specific account to run as.

Top