    What other options can one use to process applicatons written in "C"
    (other than gsoap).

    Thanks for any hints.

    milkyway, Oct 21, 2005

  2. What do you mean by unstable? And in what way do you intend to process
    C-applications?

    To the best of my knowledge I have not seen any instability in gsoap when
    interfacing with C.

    Michael Rasmussen, Oct 21, 2005

  3. milkyway

    milkyway Guest

    Unfortunately, my experience with this product has not been favorable.
    I had hoped to use the mod_gsoap product to read an XML file, do a
    database search on the server side (written in C), retrieve results and
    send them back to the client in XML format. All code written for the
    database (Oracle) is ready.

    The documentation and coding associated with mod_gsoap do not work as
    advertised and seems to be out of date
    (http://mx.aberger.at/SOAP/apache_index.html), some samples have coding
    errors that don't have documented resolutions despite the age of the
    product. Locating solutions (in genearal) proves to be somewhat
    difficult. Unlike the .cgi examples (where one can genearate log files:
    RECV.log, etc.), activating the DEBUG option with mod_gsoap creates no
    logs - thus increasing the difficulty to troubleshoot issues: repairs
    cannot be made unless you know what is broken.

    After reading/compiling/reading and compiling some more, I have come to
    the conclusion that there *must* be some other product - that has the
    same functionality - but have better documentation, samples, etc.

    Perhaps the .cgi option is good but the mod_gsoap option leaves much to
    be desired.

    Regards.

    milkyway, Oct 21, 2005
  4. milkyway