ANN: eric3 3.7.2 released

Detlev Offenbach

Hi,

this is to let you know about the release of eric3 3.7.2. This is a
bugfix release, which is compatible with PyQt 3.15. It is available at

http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html

What is it?
-----------
Eric3 is a Python and Ruby IDE written in Python and PyQt. It comes with
all batteries included. Please see the above URL for more info.

Regards,
Detlev

Martin DeMello

Detlev Offenbach said:
Hi,

this is to let you know about the release of eric3 3.7.2. This is a
bugfix release, which is compatible with PyQt 3.15. It is available at

http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html

Looks good. Not sure if this is a bug per se, but hitting "run" on the
following program:

#---------------------------------------

class A
private
def foo
puts "42"
end
end

a = A.new
a.foo

#---------------------------------------

produces this:

/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBaseModule.rb:169:in `unhandled_exception': private method `sub' called for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
from /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBaseModule.rb:320:in `handleLine'
from /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DebugClients/Ruby/AsyncIO.rb:71:in `readReady'
from /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBaseModule.rb:588:in `eventLoop'
from /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBaseModule.rb:564:in `interact'
from /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBaseModule.rb:1119:in `main'
from /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/eric3/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClient.rb:42

Running "debug" catches the actual error fine.

martin

Graham Foster

this is to let you know about the release of eric3 3.7.2.
OK - I can get this to debug Ruby (pretty well), but I'm failing dismally
to get Ruby aware coloured coding in the editor, or code Ruby aware code
completion. Am I missing something obvious?

Detlev Offenbach

Graham said:
OK - I can get this to debug Ruby (pretty well), but I'm failing
dismally to get Ruby aware coloured coding in the editor, or code Ruby
aware code completion. Am I missing something obvious?

Yes, you are missing the correct QScintilla and PyQt versions. Please get
them from Riverbank Computing. For code completion, you need an API
file. Unfortunately there is none available yet (at least as far as I
know) and I don't know of a tool to generate them. However, if there are
any for the SciTe editor, they can be used here as well.

Detlev

Graham Foster

Yes, you are missing the correct QScintilla and PyQt versions.

Ahh- I'm using the GPL versions, not the licensed versions - I guess this
must be the difference then. - Gets what you pay for I expect :)
Graham