[ANN] FuseFS-0.4

Greg Millam

FuseFS lets ruby programmers define filesystems entirely in Ruby. That
is - with FuseFS, you can now create a mounted filesystem entirely
defined in Ruby! Included are proof of concept filesystems: SQL table
mappings, YAML filesystem, and more!

And for an extra treat for you Ruby On Rails fan, check out _why's
railsfs.rb at his blog:

http://redhanded.hobix.com/inspect/railsfsAfterACoupleMinutesOfToolingWithFuseWhoa.html

Changes within 0.4 include, primarily: FuseFS's handling of editor swap
files. I've only tested this with Vim, but it should work with emacs.
People using other editors with swap files - please let me know what
swap files your editor uses, and I'll teach FuseFS to capture them. =)

What this means for you, the user, is that you no longer have to worry
about funky binary swap files created and modified by vim and emacs. So
if all you want is just to get the data that's being written to a
row+column entry, that's all you get - No complaints about your editor
being unable to write to ".foo.swp" or filenames like #filename#.

Automatic editor swap file handling can be turned off by using
FuseFS.handle_editor = false

Also included is a fix to a stupid mistake of mine in rf_rename.

Happy hacking!

- Greg