[ANN] JRuby 1.6.2 released

Thomas E Enebo

The JRuby community is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 1.6.2.

Homepage: http://www.jruby.org/
Download: http://www.jruby.org/download

JRuby 1.6.2 is our second update to 1.6.x. The main motivation
besides spinning incremental releases quicker was a nasty YAML bug
which prevented a number of Rubygems from installing (see JRUBY-5581
-- ArrayIndexOutOfBounds problem). Expect JRuby 1.6.3 in a couple of
weeks.

The primary goal of the 1.6.x series is to round out our 1.9 support
by fixing any reported incompatibilities. Of course, as with any JRuby
release, we will continue fixing any found incompatibilities and also
improve performance. All users of 1.6.1 (and lower) are encouraged to
upgrade to 1.6.2.

Notable:
- YAML problem generating an ArrayIndexOutOfBounds Exception JRUBY-5581
- Java names of the form getX were not getting aliases of get_x, x (regress=
ion)
- A couple of embedding errors (JRUBY-5734, JRUBY-5635)
- A few 1.9 issues resolved

Issues fixed since 1.6.1:
JRUBY-5805 Kernel.warn should use 2 writes instead of 1 puts =09
JRUBY-5802 Problem loading yaml string in 1.9 mode with JRuby 1.6 and newe=
JRUBY-5791 rvm install jruby-head rewrite's the current rakes
hash-bang invocation to be: #!/usr/bin/env jruby
JRUBY-5788 Java names with only on capital letter not getting Ruby
shortcuts defined
JRUBY-5787 ConcurrencyError from Array#choice when the Array was
truncated before
JRUBY-5786 SelectorPool file descriptor leak
JRUBY-5776 secure_random.rb broken on jruby (RangeError: bignum too
big to convert into `long')
JRUBY-5769 SSH connection can fail unpredictably
JRUBY-5762 Proc#=3D=3D=3D is not same as Proc#call in 1.9 mode.
JRUBY-5740 zip with Range argument does not work in 1.9 mode
JRUBY-5734 Repeatedly getting ScriptEngine causes (NameError)
uninitialized constant #<Class:0x.........>::ARGV
JRUBY-5733 String#unpack: @ directive doesn't work on substrings
JRUBY-5729 Process.respond_to?:)fork) must return false =09
JRUBY-5728 Array#pack is no longer threadsafe
JRUBY-5712 Threading issues in 1.6.0 and 1.9 mode
JRUBY-5689 Regression: wrapException throws unexpected exceptions
depending on previously-run code
JRUBY-5674 Cannot override Fixnum operators
JRUBY-5665 RubySpec: String#scan failures =09
JRUBY-5635 ScriptingContainer.put() does not always work (race condition?)
JRUBY-5624 Class.new { p eval("self", binding) }
JRUBY-5606 asprintf does not exist on Solaris, so C extensions do not buil=
d=09
JRUBY-5581 gem install throws java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
JRUBY-4828 Null-byte vulnerability

--=20
blog: http://blog.enebo.com=A0 =A0 =A0=A0 twitter: tom_enebo
mail: (e-mail address removed)