ANN: OpenNETCF introduces ASP.NET Web Server for Windows CE

Guest

We're at it again!

OpenNETCF Consulting is pleased to announce the release of a new product
named "Padarn". Padarn is a very small footprint (less than 300k for all
files) ASP.NET web server designed to run under the limited resource
environments of Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0.

Padarn lets you leverage both existing codebases and the rapid development
enabled by managed code plus, unlike the out-of-box web "solutions" for
Windows CE, you can actually use a debugger to step through your code with
Padarn.

To see Padarn in action or to just get more information visit us on the web
at http://www.opennetcf.com/padarn.ocf

Jin Chang

We're at it again!

OpenNETCF Consulting is pleased to announce the release of a new product
named "Padarn". Padarn is a very small footprint (less than 300k for all
files) ASP.NET web server designed to run under the limited resource
environments of Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0.

Padarn lets you leverage both existing codebases and the rapid development
enabled by managed code plus, unlike the out-of-box web "solutions" for
Windows CE, you can actually use a debugger to step through your code with
Padarn.

To see Padarn in action or to just get more information visit us on the web
athttp://www.opennetcf.com/padarn.ocf

Wow!!! Thanks for the heads-up. I've been waiting for a solution
similar to this for months. The best part is that I'm already
familiar with ASP.NET (since the 1.1. days). This will come in handy
in several of my projects.

- Jin

Jin Chang

We're at it again!

OpenNETCF Consulting is pleased to announce the release of a new product
named "Padarn". Padarn is a very small footprint (less than 300k for all
files) ASP.NET web server designed to run under the limited resource
environments of Windows CE 5.0 and 6.0.

Padarn lets you leverage both existing codebases and the rapid development
enabled by managed code plus, unlike the out-of-box web "solutions" for
Windows CE, you can actually use a debugger to step through your code with
Padarn.

To see Padarn in action or to just get more information visit us on the web
athttp://www.opennetcf.com/padarn.ocf

A quick question on this product.

Is it for Windows CE 5.0/6.0 only or does it work also for Windows
Mobile 5.0/6.0?
Also, is it possible to combine both regular Windows CE/Mobile
application and the ASP.NET pages (perhaps using the WebBrowser
control)? I'm asking because I may have a need to implement a dynamic
data-entry page in my Windows Mobile 5/6 application, and the Flow-
Layout of web pages via the ASP.NET page may do the trick.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

- Jin

Juan T. Llibre

This subthread is why announcement posts are frowned upon in technical newsgroups.

The purpose of this newsgroup is not to discuss 3rd party products.
It's to allow peers to help others with coding/architectural ASP.NET issues.

The original announcement was totally O.T. for this newsgroup,
besides having been excessively cross-posted.

Please do *not* post product announcements to this technical newsgroup again.

Guest

I apologize. It seems that the ASP groups seem a little less willing to
accept that 3rd party solutions fill a need and don't understand that
messages can be filtered. Us knuckle-dragging embedded guys will keep to
ourselves from now on.

--

Chris Tacke, eMVP (that means an embedded MVP)
Join the Embedded Developer Community (unless you're not an embedded

Hilton

Juan,

Technically yes. But given the tons of postings we have in the NGs, one or
two ANNs don't hurt that much do they? I never look in the announcement
groups and I bet many other folks don't either.

And probably more importantly, Chris and the other guys contribute an
unbelievable amount not only to these NGs but to the whole CF community that
I think we can cut them some slack here. In fact, I cannot speak for anyone
else, but I sure as heck want to know what the OpenNET guys are up to and I
really like reading about their new procuts (as well as other folks).

Chris, Jon, Paul, Simon et al - thank you for your contributions and keep up
the excellent work.

Hilton
P.S.: Juan, just autodelete "ANN" and you're done.

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> I never look in the announcement groups

Maybe you should.

re:
!> I think we can cut them some slack here

The problem is that doing that opens up a can of worms.

For the record, I am sympathetic to some product announcements.

The problem is that, if one announcement is OK,
then all announcements would have to be OK, too.

There's a reason for having an announcements newsgroup.

re:
!> Chris, Jon, Paul, Simon et al - thank you for your contributions and keep up the excellent work.

I agree...just don't clutter this newsgroup with
announcements and the discussions they generate.

There's an announcements newsgroup which
was created just for posting announcements.

If you're too lazy to read announcements there, please don't
contribute to make the rest of us have to read announcements here.

re:
!> P.S.: Juan, just autodelete "ANN" and you're done

P.S. : I'd like to see how that's done in the web interface,
which seems to be the most used interface these days.

Join the Embedded Developer Communityhttp://community.opennetcf.com

A quick question on this product.

Is it for Windows CE 5.0/6.0 only or does it work also for Windows
Mobile 5.0/6.0?
Also, is it possible to combine both regular Windows CE/Mobile
application and the ASP.NET pages (perhaps using the WebBrowser
control)? I'm asking because I may have a need to implement a dynamic
data-entry page in my Windows Mobile 5/6 application, and the Flow-
Layout of web pages via the ASP.NET page may do the trick.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

- Jin

Dean Ramsier

The original criticism of the announcement was inappropriately crossposted.
The announcement may not have been appropriate in the group you frequent
(you didn't specify in your crossposting), but those of us in the embedded
groups do appreciate it. Please limit future postings accordingly...

--
Dean Ramsier - eMVP
BSQUARE Corporation

re:

Juan T. Llibre said:
[...]

Shloma Baum

Hilton,

Well said, can't agree more, I guess Juan sitting on the ASP has no idea how
much these guys contribute to this group, hence the way he criticised.

Regard,
Shloma Baum
Pioneer Interactive, Inc.
http://www.pioneerinteractive.com

Jin Chang said:
[...]

!> Where can I find the asp.net web server(downloadable) for Wince 5. Can I get a Trail Version?

It's a bit pricey...

http://www.opennetcf.com/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

The trial version costs $300...refundable when you buy Padam.

Also, if you contract their consulting services to build an embedded solution,
you get Padam for "free" or, at least, as "free" as consulting services get. <g>