[ANN] Rainbows! 0.1.1 - with Ruby 1.8 support!

Eric Wong

Rainbows! Unicorn for slow apps and slow clients

Rainbows! is a HTTP server for sleepy Rack applications. It is based on
Unicorn, but designed to handle applications that expect long
request/response times and/or slow clients. For Rack applications not
heavily bound by slow external network dependencies, consider Unicorn
instead as it simpler and easier to debug.

* http://rainbows.rubyforge.org/
* (e-mail address removed)
* git://git.bogomips.org/rainbows.git

Fixed Ruby 1.8 support (and all 1.9 systems without Revactor).
Process-wide timeout handling for the ThreadSpawn concurrency
model should now work properly. Small cleanups everywhere.

Tony Arcieri

I'm curious about using this for a Comet server... what do you think about
the feasibility of that? Comet-style "long polling" seems ideal for this
sort of framework, where you have an asynchronous event source but
synchronous clients.

Eric Wong

Tony Arcieri said:
I'm curious about using this for a Comet server... what do you think about
the feasibility of that? Comet-style "long polling" seems ideal for this
sort of framework, where you have an asynchronous event source but
synchronous clients.

Yup, that's exactly one of those use cases Rainbows! is designed to
support. This would be a great time to test out the Rainbows!+Revactor
combo (and maybe fix my Revactor-using code :)