[ANN] Ruby/Informix 0.6.0

Gerardo Santana Gómez Garrido

Ruby/Informix is a Ruby extension for connecting to IBM Informix
Dynamic Server, written in ESQL/C. It runs on Solaris, Linux, Windows
XP and HP-UX. It has been tested with Informix 7, 9, 10 and 11. Read
the release notes for details.

Home page: http://ruby-informix.rubyforge.org

What's new in this release:

0.6.0 08/28/2007
------------------
New features:
* Test suite
* Error, Warning, and AssertionFailure classes replace RuntimeError when
raising exceptions.

Error class methods:
- message
- sql_code
- add_info
- []
- each
- to_s
- size, length

message and sql_code reference the first error message. Following
errors can be accessed through Error#[] as ExcInfo objects.

ExcInfo is a Struct with the following members:
- sql_code
- sql_state
- class_origin_val
- subclass_origin_val
- message
- server_name
- connection_name

See test/testcase.rb for a simple example of exception handling.

* Informix.version returns the version of this extension
* Database#do aliased as Database#execute
* More documentation

Remarks:
* Database#do is deprecated and will be removed in next versions. Use
Database#execute or Database#immediate instead.

* In case of Informix errors, RuntimeError objects are no longer raised.
Error, Warning and AssertionFailure objects are raised instead.

Acknowledgments:
I want to thank Edwin Fine <emofine at finecomputerconsultants dot com>
who contributed all the functionality of this release.