[ANN] sys-cpu 0.5.0

Daniel Berger

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the release of sys-cpu 0.5.0. This package
allows you to programmatically retrieve system information about your
CPU (class, model, load average, etc).

This release adds support for FreeBSD and revamps the Win32 version to
use WMI.

You can find sys-cpu on the RAA or at the project page at
http://ruby-sysutils.sf.net.

CHANGES
=======
- Now requires Ruby 1.8.0 or later.
- FreeBSD support added.
- Replaced 'CPUException' with 'CPUError'
- The MS Windows version has been completely revamped to use WMI
instead of the C API. Some method names have changed and some
methods have been dropped entirely. Please see the
documentation for details.
- Corresponding documentation updates and test suite changes.
- Sample programs have been moved to doc/examples.
- Installation procedure somewhat revamped.
- No longer autogenerates test file.
- The .html files have been removed. You can generate the
html on your own if you like.

Enjoy!

Dan