    Adams).

    [1] "portable", in this case, means "portable to hosted implementations with
    a bit of disk space to spare".

    Richard Heathfield, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Richard Heathfield

    Clint Olsen Guest

    I'm rather fond of the name, myself :)

    -Clint

    Clint Olsen, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Richard Heathfield

    istartedi Guest

    [snip]

    For all intents and purposes, the library is GPL only (unless you are a
    member of a select group). The "we did a deal license" has always been
    implied for copyright holders. You're simply explicitly stating it.

    If you want to do something truly unique, you could *actually publish
    prices* for the "we did a deal" option.

    <rant>
    This is one of my pet peeves. Companies that don't publish pricing
    information do a tremendous disservice to engineers. How on earth are we
    supposed to do cost analysis if we don't have costs? Yeah, yeah, we can
    talk to sales. And when you do talk to sales they want to know all kinds of
    crap about *you* and trying to get price is like trying to pull excalibur
    from the stone. I wonder how many products could have been priced lower, or
    built with more features if only the poor engineers could have gotten
    pricing information without going through the third degree.
    </rant>

    --$teve

    istartedi, Jul 2, 2003
  4. For the "special license" reason and the coding style reason, I can see
    why you do not wish to contribute to libclc. I can only regret it.

    I would also like to notify you that I could not resist and altered my
    sig to quote you in your CLINT page (in the answer to "What do I do if I
    think I have found a bug in CLINT"). If it is not okay, please let me know.

    Bertrand Mollinier Toublet, Jul 2, 2003
  5. [...]

    I see that you're granting Richard Stallman a personal license to
    modify and use CLINT in commercial softare without releasing the
    modified sources.

    I am officially amused.

    Keith Thompson, Jul 2, 2003
  6. Keith Thompson wrote:

    I must admit I was half-afraid that nobody would notice that. :)

    But then, clc subscribers always were a sharp-eyed bunch.

    Richard Heathfield, Jul 2, 2003
  7. Richard Heathfield

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    From your FAQ page:

    It is the opinion of the author that file scope variables in
    general, and particularly file scope variables with external
    linkage, are entirely avoidable in C programs with the single
    exception of volatile sig_atomic_t objects for modification
    by signal handlers.

    Do you have a scheme for passing data to atexit() handlers that
    doesn't involve file scope variables?

    Ben Pfaff, Jul 2, 2003
  8. Richard Heathfield

    Randy Howard Guest

    Happy birthday!
    Which begs the question, is it Good, Bad, Ugly, or all three? :)
    Or, perhaps you expect a fistful of dollars, or even a few dollars
    more?

    Randy Howard, Jul 3, 2003