[ANN] TracShell 0.1 released

J Kenneth King

I tend to work a lot with Trac for project management and have always
found the browser interface to be a productivity killer. I always
wanted a simple command-line interface to Trac, but having never found
one I found a little free time and got off my laurels to make one.

TracShell 0.1 is an early release, but it works. So far you can only
query and view tickets, but planned updates include the obvious
ability to create and edit tickets. Future plans will allow browsing
of comments, change histories, attachments, and so forth.

Please consider it really beta. The code needs a little tidying up
around the edges. If you find any bugs, please report them and I'll
fix them ASAP. Ideas, suggestions, and contributions are welcome.

http://code.google.com/p/tracshell/

Cheers.

Krzysztof Retel

I tend to work a lot with Trac for project management and have always
found the browser interface to be a productivity killer. I always
wanted a simple command-line interface to Trac, but having never found
one I found a little free time and got off my laurels to make one.

TracShell 0.1 is an early release, but it works. So far you can only
query and view tickets, but planned updates include the obvious
ability to create and edit tickets. Future plans will allow browsing
of comments, change histories, attachments, and so forth.

Please consider it really beta. The code needs a little tidying up
around the edges. If you find any bugs, please report them and I'll
fix them ASAP. Ideas, suggestions, and contributions are welcome.

http://code.google.com/p/tracshell/

Cheers.

Nice work.

Maybe it would be worth building at some point vim or emacs interface.

Krzysztof

J Kenneth King

Krzysztof Retel said:
Nice work.

Maybe it would be worth building at some point vim or emacs interface.

Krzysztof

Thanks. :)

I considered a native editor interface, but since both vi and emacs
can run a shell within a buffer, I decided to go with a more flexible
solution.

However, if someone wanted to, the actual code fetching and displaying
the data isn't tied directly to the shell interface. It could be
possible to dispatch calls from a native editor front-end if it
doesn't mind spawning a python interpreter (or keeping one running)
for each request.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out. Hope you find it useful. I do. :)

J Kenneth King

J Kenneth King said:
I tend to work a lot with Trac for project management and have always
found the browser interface to be a productivity killer. I always
wanted a simple command-line interface to Trac, but having never found
one I found a little free time and got off my laurels to make one.

TracShell 0.1 is an early release, but it works. So far you can only
query and view tickets, but planned updates include the obvious
ability to create and edit tickets. Future plans will allow browsing
of comments, change histories, attachments, and so forth.

Please consider it really beta. The code needs a little tidying up
around the edges. If you find any bugs, please report them and I'll
fix them ASAP. Ideas, suggestions, and contributions are welcome.

http://code.google.com/p/tracshell/

Cheers.

Just added the ability to create tickets, more features forthcoming.

I highly recommend anyone using this tool to stick to the latest svn
versions. I'll package the feature-complete stables going forward.

Cheers.