[ANN] Unified I/O for Java 2.1 released

Andrei Kouznetsov

Unified I/O is a high performance Java library that allows random access
files, arrays, streams (even over HTTP), and gives a clear difference
between read only and read/write access.

Features:

* High performance (see http://uio.imagero.com/performance.html)
* Transparent buffering.
* Access everything using one common interface.
* Read/write direct from/into primitive arrays
* Choose byte order for particular read/write operation
* Change byte order at any time.
* Define start offset and length.
* Optimized reading over http (only requesting the required data range of
bytes - uses byteserving feature of http 1.1).
* Easy extensible design

For more possibilities see RandomAccessFactory.

what's new in version 2.1:
some bugs related to reading/writing of primitive arrays were fixed.