[ANN] Zerenity 1.0

Farrel Lifson

= Zerenity Changelog
== 1.0
* Added significant unit testing and code coverage testing.
== 0.9
* Added a :password option to the Entry dialog. When set to true it will
treat the text entry like a password entry and replaces the characters
entered with a '*'.
== 0.8
* Initial release.

= Zerenity

== Version
1.0

== Author
Farrel Lifson http://www.lifson.info http://www.aimred.com

== Synopsis
Zerenity is an almost clone of
{Zenity}[http://freshmeat.net/projects/zenity] for Ruby. It allows for
the easy creation of simple graphical dialogs from a Ruby script.

== Features
Zerenity allows for the creation of the following dialogs
* Date selection
* Text entry
* Error display
* File/directory selection
* Information display
* List display and selection
* Progress display
* Question display
* Text information display and editing
* Warning display

== Dependencies
Zerenity requires {GTK2}[http://www.gtk.org] and
{Ruby/GTK2}[http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi].

== Installation
Zerenity is avaiable as a Ruby gem. Links to the latest release can be
found at http://www.aimred.com/files/projects/zerenity.

The code is also available via it's Subversion repository at
http://zerenity.googlecode.com/svn/

== Example Usage
=== User Input and Display
require 'rubygems'
require 'zerenity'

if (name = Zerenity::Entry:)text=>"What is your name?"))
Zerenity::Info:)text=>"Hello #{name}")
else
puts "No name entered"
end

=== Progress
require 'rubygems'
require 'zerenity'

fileList = filesToProcess(folder)
Zerenity::progress:)text=>'Processing files',:autoClose=>true) do |progress|
fileList.each_index do |file,index|
processFile(file)
progress.update(index/fileList.length,"#{index/fileList.length}%
processed...")
end
end

== License
Zerenity is released under the BSD license.

== Copyright
(c) 2006 Farrel Lifson

Justin Collins

Farrel said:
= Zerenity Changelog
== 1.0
* Added significant unit testing and code coverage testing.
== 0.9
* Added a :password option to the Entry dialog. When set to true it will
treat the text entry like a password entry and replaces the characters
entered with a '*'.
== 0.8
* Initial release.

= Zerenity

== Version
1.0

== Author
Farrel Lifson http://www.lifson.info http://www.aimred.com

== Synopsis
Zerenity is an almost clone of
{Zenity}[http://freshmeat.net/projects/zenity] for Ruby. It allows for
the easy creation of simple graphical dialogs from a Ruby script.

Hi,

Is there any way to have <enter> be the same as pressing 'OK' (without
selecting it, I mean)? So you could just type in some text in a textbox
and press enter.

Thanks.

-Justin

Farrel Lifson

Hi,
Is there any way to have <enter> be the same as pressing 'OK' (without
selecting it, I mean)? So you could just type in some text in a textbox
and press enter.

Thanks.

-Justin

Thanks for the suggestion, never thought it, I'll put it in the next release.

Farrel