anonymous access and authentication

matthewdavis1980

Hi all,

I have a scenario and maybe you guys can help me out. I'm working with
asp.net 2.0 and have created a website under a website template. My
ultimate goal is to have the website available under "anonymous access"
to the public, but special features available under integrated windows
authentication. In page load, I want to verify the the user is
authenticated, and if so, show the special features. If not, keep them
hidden. In IIS, if I have integrated security checked, but not
"anonymous access", I can pull the user.identity.name. If I have
integrated security and anonymous access checked, I can no longer pull
the user.identity.name, as it returns an empty string. If my memory
serves me correctly, in VS 2003 I was able to accomplish this somehow.
With all of that said, what's going on? Is this a recommended way to
handle this scenario?

Thanks,

Matt

Guest

Matt,

specialstuff.visible = page.user.identity.isauthenticated
or
Make a seperate folder for authenticated users, set security for folder
using the website asp.net configuration tool.

Good Luck
DWS

matthewdavis1980

DWS,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with what you are saying, but the
problem is that the page is not authenticating.
page.user.identity.isauthenticated is returning false when
authenticated users view the page. I need 'anonymous access' along
with authentication. There in lies my problem.