Any interested programmers?

Nigel Kukard

Project Description:
IDMS DBMA is an effort to develop a highly scalable (c10k complient)
plugin based mail agent aimed at fighting spam and viruses. Hopefully
replacing hard-to-maintain, complex, resource hungry configurations used
by small to large users today.

The project is pretty cool, here is a few interesting things...

1. For the protocol base implementation we use flex & bison to general
grammatical parsers and lexical analysers. This parser/analyser
generates command constants & parameter lists which are passed to the
command handler. So to implement a command is actually as easy as
defining a regex to match it and the grammar of it... voila!

2. The networking IO is handled by a c10k implementation (very
interesting ... complex though), far from complete but working as far as
you can login and test commands over a network connection.

3. The entire mail agent is plugin based, so to get pop3 working, load
the plugin. I hope we can do the smtp features the same way... still
thinking about that.

The code is available through our online subversion repository if anyone
is interested to take a quick look.... details can be found on the
project site.. http://idms-dbma.pr.linuxrulz.org

Please email me off list if you interested. I beleive a c10k group of
mail agents can revolutionize the way mailserver software is designed!

Kind Regards
Nigel Kukard